Thursday, June 30, 2011





Do you like hanging out at the beach? I used to not. But now I kind of do. In fact, I will be there shortly, trying my best to distract myself while I wait to hear about a job. It's a good job. A job I want pretty bad. If I get it, I'll tell you more, but for now I'll tell you that I'm out of clean underwear and will probably buy more before I wash what I already have. I'm 32, by the way.

Have you listened to Beyonce's new record? I have...7 times. The production is a little scattered, but it still comes together in the way a good mix CD comes together. Thematically, again, much like a good mix, it's pretty consistent falling in and around, "I love you," "I miss you," "I'm glad I don't love you," "I want to love you again," and "this is what love makes me do." I have a few favorite songs, but I want you to guess what they are. Maybe someday I'll put them on a mix for you...

Do you think anyone has ever captured on film what it's like to stand in field glittered with lightning bugs? I don't think anyone ever has because that seems like something that really wouldn't make an interesting picture, but is, nonetheless, a totally awesome experience. Kind of like finding a breezy spot in the shade on a really hot day.

My therapist is out of town on vacation. I wish she weren't because I've had a really busy week.

1 comment:

H A said...

oh my. laurel f. said to read your blog. and then i got to this post, and there were so many yeses that i had to walk away and play with my cat.

very yes to the lightning bugs part. very yes.